Midtown Classic.

June 17, 2011

There’s going to be a meet at my home gym, Midtown Strength and Conditioning, tomorrow.  If you’re in Norcal, it might be worth checking out.  Glenn Pendlay is bringing The whole Cal Strength crew plus several guests who are excellent lifters.  This team always puts on quite the show at local meets, so I think it would be worth the trip.  On top of that, we have full sessions.  You will see lifters across all skill levels (plus you will get to see my biceps).

"Oh, these? Don't you worry about these."

This week has been a pretty terrible week of training, but after that cryotherapy treatment yesterday, I was able to hit 130/170 for my 2nd workout.  If I’m feeling “on” tomorrow, I’ll open at 140/170.

HERE is the info.

Do you have what it f**king takes!?

7 Responses to “Midtown Classic.”

1. Top Gun said

Good luck guy, the only thing I could do with 170kg is deadlift it 8-10 times, which I don’t think impresses anyone at a weightlifting meet.

• bclaridad said

Thanks, Ice Man. You can be my wingman any time. If you can deadlift it a few times, then you can clean it!
      -Ben

• Top Gun said

The only success I’ve had with the quick lifts is bashing my testicles. I love watching weightlifting, but I am a pure grind type of lifter haha.

2. patrick stroup said

Ben I know this is off topic. But why did Jared Enderton leave CalStrength for Broz?

• bclaridad said

I’m not sure really. He didn’t do so hot at the last couple meets I saw him in so maybe that had something to do with it. In any case, it’s really none of my business, so I haven’t asked anybody about it. But from what I can tell, he seems to be making some gains over in Vegas.

• patrick stroup said

Well I didnt want to sound like a shit stirrer. Haha. I just sort of noticed he was randomly in a Broz Youtube video.

• bclaridad said

Stop being such a shit stirrer, Patrick! But yeah, I’m going to miss seeing that Grizzly Adams when I visit over there. I really liked lifting with him because our numbers were similar.